The New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters (NZSTI) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 when dealing with personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information
- qualifications, language pairs and other required information in our application form
- billing or purchase information
We collect this information via the website and any related services, through the registration process or via email or telephone.
We collect your personal information with your knowledge and consent and will use this information for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, including:
- to process your membership application
- to provide services to you
- to send you invoices and collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card information
- to communicate with you
- to send you a membership card, stamp(s) and other material as requested and available from time to time
- to be able to share your contact details and further information in our directory if you opt in
- for any other purpose authorized by you or the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter the requested information, we will not be able to process your membership application, provide services or products to you or send you membership cards, stamps or other products, among others.
We keep your information safe by storing it safely and only allowing those people access who need it for the purpose of processing membership applications.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last update: June 2020