How to apply
You can apply online by following the link at the bottom of this page.
As part of your application, you will be asked to provide:
- A "My eQuals" link or equivalent certified online link to your translation and/or interpreting qualifications and transcripts, in English
- Scanned evidence of your translation and/or interpreting qualifications (if not in English, please provide certified translations)
- Scanned academic transcripts showing courses and grades (if not in English, please provide certified translations)
- Send certified hard copies of the above documents to NZSTI via standard post
In all but rare cases, NZSTI membership is awarded based on qualifications in translation and/or interpreting only. Visit our FAQs page for information on the types of experience that may support your application.
For more information on the eligibility criteria for our different membership categories, see here.
If sending supporting documents, please note:
- Incomplete applications will lapse after two months
- Use standard post only. NZSTI will not receive your correspondence if sent by courier or registered mail
Once approved, we will send you relevant documentation and an invoice for your membership fees and joining fee. Your membership will be activated once your fees have been received in full.
You will not be invoiced if your application is not accepted.