Entitlement note holders are subsidised by MBIE to attend these events free of charge.
Wednesday, 23 November 2022
7 pm - 9 pm
Online via Zoom
NAATI recertification points: 10
This is an online webinar. The Zoom link will be provided to registered participants prior to the webinar.
Taught by Dr Olga Suvorova, this webinar will help interpreters navigate challenging ethical situations by increasing their professionalism and minimizing the risk of miscommunication and conflict.
What you'll learn:
In this interactive webinar Dr Olga Suvorova will review the principles of the NZSTI Code of Ethics. Each of the key items in the Code will be examined in some detail using specific examples of ethical issues from real-life scenarios arising in community interpreting. The content is aligned with the NAATI ethical competency test and includes a general explanation of how that test is run and marked. We encourage participants to ask questions and raise discussion points before and during the webinar.
By the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- Gained a fundamental understanding of the NZSTI Code of Ethics;
- Learned to apply these principles in real-life community interpreting situations.
In addition, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the value and the role of ethics in interpreting;
- Discover how to approach challenging ethical situations; and
- Apply basic theoretical and practical knowledge when sitting the NAATI ethical competency test.
Who is this webinar for?
This webinar will be useful for all interpreters, including those interested in sitting the NAATI ethical test.